Chef’s Special : Garlic and chilli crevettes with No. 23 rocket salad
Try this summery starter from Stroud’s popular tapas bar, No. 23. Ideal served up at a BBQ or as a starter alongside griddled asparagus and a rocket salad, these crevettes are the perfect way to bring a touch of Spain to your party. No. 23 uses fresh Spanish as well as local and seasonal produce, and has a wide range of vegetarian and vegan options as well as meat dishes, all designed for sharing. To find out more, visit No23stroud.com.
Fresh garlic, finely chopped – not through a garlic press
Large fresh crevettes
Smoked paprika and sweet paprika
Splash of La Gitana Sherry
Butter and Olive Oil to shallow fry
Red chilli, seeds left in and finely chopped
Fresh lemon juice plus a few slices for a finger bowl
Fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Melt the butter and oil together in a frying pan. Add the garlic, chilli, and paprikas, then fry for 1-2 mins until starting to turn golden.
- Turn up the heat, throw in the crevettes and fry for a few minutes, stirring, until all the crevettes turn pink. Add a splash of sherry.
- Take off the heat, season and stir in the lemon juice and parsley.
- Add some lemon slices to a finger bowl of warm water, grab a bowl for the shells, then dig straight in!
No23 Rocket Salad
Handful washed rocket
1 ripened avocado
Goat’s cheese (or alternatively feta)
Salt & pepper to season
Extra virgin olive oil
- Cut peeled and seeded squash in to cubes, then mix with some olive oil, salt, pepper, finely chopped sage and roast in the oven until soft.
- Place rocket in a salad bowl. Add some sliced avocado – leave some for garnish.
- Cut goat’s cheese (or feta) into cubes.
- Mix all vegetables and cheese in the bowl gently not to break ingredients too much. Season with salt, pepper, olive oil and fresh lemon juice.
- Place salad in a serving bowl then garnish with avocado slices.